Saturday, December 3, 2011

Christmas exploded at our house today


Today was tree decorating day, which was good especially since I was recovering from Pizza Inn's revenge. Sad to be losing a prime people watching venue, but that was rough. So with little energy or patience, we set off to run to the grocery before starting the tree festivities. We got our sammich makings and ended up driving to another part of the parking lot so we could watch the Christmas parade from our car. We saw many parade-esque things: floats, rescue vehicles and cheerleader/twirler girls. What we weren't expecting was the mobile wrestling ring with two guys, one who was dressed somewhat like Spiderman and the other like Sea Bass from "Dumb and Dumber". I don't which was more amusing, the wrestlers or Brian running out of the car and down the road to get a picture. We also saw an Elvis who was dressed like young Elvis but built like the Las Vegas sweaty Elvis. We scurried on home and began preparing for decorating. It took a few adjustments and a 10 minute bizarre stint on the Irish Rover Christmas channel on Pandora, but we finally got a decent channel...starting with "O Holy Night"...which got me crying. A lot. The girls helped with the lights. Each child took a strand of wooden cranberries. F obviously helped with the garland. Soooo much help. Then came the ornaments. We have the very first one my parents ever made as newlyweds, with directions from Southern Living:
My parents are the masters of home made ornaments...pure artisans in the salt dough medium. Here are some of my favorites:
The picture directly above is not of my parents making, but of their doing. It has become the ornament that all the kids fight over. The Christmas Pickle. Who woulda thunk it? Well, the tree is done and we found some visitors who are staying though the holidays, I guess. Beware if you come to visit:
The rest of the day was consumed with recuperating and 4H craft projects(picture coming soon). Now I await bedtime which is nigh. Let's hope for better sleep for tomorrow we see the big man. I hope he is ready for them.One last housekeeping note. I am using the only somewhat workable app for BlogGer at this point and it stinks. A nice man writing in broken English wrote me that my old app is in line to have its corrections approved. Can't come soon enough for me. So, forgive the breaks and weird sentences. I have to read and edit in HTML which very difficult for me, so thanks for not thinking of me as an uneducated idiot who doesn't proof her work. It is just hard to sort through everything. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment