Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Blah day

Today was a preschool sub day. Nice group of kidlets...cute and well behaved. Got to hear an Australian accent today. All these things were fine. The boy was not thrilled to go to school on his off day. It was Dad Day at school and, since it wasn't his usual day to go, he didn't have his daddy to bring like everybody else. Luckily another teacher, and mother of F's friend, let the boy be a part of their family for the morning. I so appreciate that. It gave me some peace of mind. The kids were a bit crazed today when I picked them up. I think two days with no recess have taken their toll. Bursts of energy mixed with periods of sloth. We have a no tv during the week policy, but I broke that today. They watched and I conked out hard for a good 20 minutes. Then to church for bells, dinner, choirs/trollers and then home. I have discussed. This before thy Wednesday night fellowship brings out the inner crazy in my boy. He loses his mind. Completely. He loves an audience and "tweenaged" girls are his most rewarding audience. They think everything he does is funny. Pure Heaven. I apologize to my readers this week for really lackluster posts. The rain washes away the funny and just brings the blah to our house. I hope for some fun soon. I will leave you with this picture. On our way to get the girls from school, I encouraged the boy to put his head back and close his eyes. He refused repeatedly, finally compromising by putting his head back with eyes open. When we got to school, this is what I saw:
Yeah, Mom still has the power. Don't forget it.

No comments:

Post a Comment