Sunday, December 4, 2011

Saw the big man today...and his right hand man


It was a big day today. The our two youngest sang in church today....so stinkin' cute, you could eat them up. F always looks so serious when he sings. He stands, very stoically, with his hands in his pockets and stares a hole through Aunt Amy, his choir director. I sit there in the congregation like some stage mom, putting my hands up to my face making the "Smile!" motion to him. If I continue on this path, you'll see me on Toddlers and Tiaras putting him in "Western Wear" and bleaching his teeth. But I digress. It was cute and they did such a nice job for both services.After church, we went home to have lunch and prepare for a busy afternoon. Brian had to play ref to the fighting sisters, choosing not to react to the screaming and cries of supposed pain. I lucked out and was on the phone with my mother getting the lowdown on a wedding we missed....how convenient for me. After the Treaty of Sibling was signed, the kids ate and began getting dressed in their "Going to see Santa" clothes. Uncle Mike and Aunt Deb showed up, as is tradition, to be extra hands and extra photographers/witnesses to the excitement. As we arrived, we met Papa Elf, Santa's head elf and chief of quality control. He thrilled the kids with magic tricks and juggling while Santa was feeding his reindeer for 20 minutes or so. The kids had fun seeing the big man and all put on their perma-grins for the photographer. F then practiced his handshake and introducing himself protocol to Santa, who seemed impressed. Papa Elf commented on the boy's glasses and we were off. Fun as always...they are growing up too fast.Tonight we started reading "The Best Christmas Pageant Ever" tonight. I have always loved that book and thought the kids would enjoy it. They are so far and I can't wait to read again tomorrow. This season goes by so fast...I want to slow time and soak up every ounce of it. What a gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment