Monday, December 19, 2011

Antifreeze and the cable company

This morning the boy and I played the waiting game with the cable company. No we don't need all those channels, but when one of the two channels we allow the kids to watch on the weekends(and only on the weekends)goes out, we need to have some technical support. So our 8-11 window of waiting began. I put away lots of laundry, watched the Goonies with the boy, put teacher gifts together. Then the sweet little cable guy arrived, fixed the problem and then informed me that his car was broken and leaking antifreeze all over the driveway. He was going to be towed and hoped we didn't have any animals around who would get in the spill. Then the tow truck came and he left. After consulting the Facebook answer crew, it was determined I needed to purchase kitty litter, which I have never gotten before. Used it all over the driveway and proceeded to fight with the cable company all afternoon. They were supposed to come deal with it by five today but no luck. Let's hope there is no mass murder of neighborhood critters tonight. I don't want blood on my hands. Heard tonight that our beloved barbershop was vandalized and, sadly, by a former coworker. Thank goodness for surveillance cameras. I pray for his safety and the safety of his business. I'm also praying for the vandal.....clearly he needs some assistance. I rejoice in the miraculous healing of my friend's husband who I have spoken of before. He had an aneurism rupture and was not expected to live. He is now off of the ventilator, out of ICU and asking for his wife. Talk about Christmas miracles! God is good and It is horrible that I only take time to recognize them during these special seasons. Tomorrow is going to be blitz day and I hope to finish up preparations so I can fully enjoy the time we have off with the kids. I cannot wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment