Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Partying with the Staff and Seekers

Today was a party day. I know, when you look at me everything screams party. My version of a party is having some people over, eating tasty snacksand having nice conversation or playing an entertaining game. We don't have a whole lot of options for childcare, so we don't get out much. Backtracking, after I fulfilled my ECM assistant duties, I went to work on getting the boy's glasses fixed. Last night in the throes of a sibling wrestling match, the glasses were irreparably damaged. Titanium, apparently, cannot be soldered so no chance of a patch job. LensCrafters wanted Brian to buy plastic frames for the boy. Uh, no. Sooooo, off to Dr. Hopper's I went. Thankfully, they listened to my sob story about the poor boy walking into door frames and windows. They had a pair of close out forms that would work until he had his maor big appointment in February. I sat in the waiting room while he was grinding the lenses down. Next to me was a member of the Forensics team for the police department. I had to resist not starting up conversation, especially considering Forensics are an interest of mine. Luckily he was reading what looked to be a textbook. After checking the lates FB statuses, I looked around the office and then over to see what kind of book he was reading. What to my wandering eyes did appear, but a chapter of blood spatter and some pictures an smears! There were several shots of blood patterns and the object used to cause that pattern. You go in to get new glasses and you learn about spray patterns from the handle of a golf club....who knew?After a frantic attempt to clean the house before my aunt and uncle came to babysit, I went to the Christmasluncheon for the church staff. Good lunch, fun group and interesting gift exchange emceed by Pastor Jim. I wound up with a silly ornament. Whirlwind afternoon to pick p the kids, go home and wash my hair, take S to choir, come home and get the kids showered and pj'ed, dress myself, visit with the the aunt and uncle and then go to the Seekers SS Chrismas party. Despite a splitting headache, I had a lovely time. We started out coupled up, which was unusual, but then got into the girl's side and the boy's side. We did an ornament exchange. These usually get really spirited, but I think we were all a bit tired. Another Jenny was brave enough to steal someone's ornament and then it got a lively. We ended up with a cute ornament that will require a hefty branch for it, but that is okay. Very cute! We also have narrowed down the suspects for the naughty ornaments that appear. We say that because they didn't show up and neither did the ornament. Mmm hmmmm.Time for bed. Please remember one of the boy's friends tonight. A CT scan found a tumor on his spine and a hot spot on his lung. He goes for an MRI tomorrow. As a mother, I can't fathom what they must be going trough. Terrifying, I'm sure. Pray for his completely restored health. So scary. Going to hug mine a bit tighter tonight....

No comments:

Post a Comment