Saturday, December 17, 2011

Don't be that guy....

I am working on a big post coming soon that chronicles one of the most bizarre occurrences in the history of our family. That will not be coming today. I am a bit jaded and road weary from Christmas shoppifng and I want to do it justice. I will say that, if I write it right, it should be very entertaining.I ran all over the place today. Heck, my parents were in town and offered to keep the three kidlets and B had to work on top secret computer issues(my words not his), so I ran while I had the chance. After failing over and over again to find decent and reasonably priced church shoes for the boy, I gave up to look for another elusive gift. We drew names on my side of the family, so I was trying to find something fun and unusual. I headed to the Guitar Center for help, only to strike out. I figured as much, but I decided to look around anyway. I drooled over the ukulele selection, but did not partake. I was in a section looking at capos when I heard something coming from the row next to me. There I saw a guy, old enough to know better, playing an electric guitar that was way above his pay grade. I tried not to stare, but I got tickled. There he was, jamming out to some ditty he wrote himself,head swaying back and forth, up and down. He looked up at me, bit his bottom lip, threw his head back and inhaled deeply. He then muttered a "Oh yeah...that's the stuff.". It was at that point I felt it was time to leave. Just like in the guitar store on Wayne's World that had the sign saying "No Stairway", this store needs to have some set of rules. That's all I'm saying.I had some success and then came home to help bake with the kids. This was my favorite:

It is me, apparently. Nice. Red hair and apparently I am drinking blood too. The boy made his salt dough version of the holy family. The dough was a bit old, so it kind of turned into the melted family....but baby Jesus turned out all right. Here it is:
Hope it was a successful Saturday for all. It has been interesting here, as always.

No comments:

Post a Comment