Friday, December 2, 2011

Not as good as last trip, but there's always something to watch...

Another weekend is upon us, thank goodness. This week has felt more like a month. We had not eaten out in a bit, so the request was made to go to, wait for it...wait for it...PIzza Inn!! I must preface this by saying that our experience tonight in no way comes close to the excitement of last trip. Nothing ever will and if it does I will write a novella, make millions and live out a comfortable life running a firewood and home repair ministry for the locals here while indulging my love for skeet shooting and snow skiing with my husband, my children, my 17 grandchildren, my brother and his family and my parents. There is, however, a wealth of material to draw from every day. It took us over a month to get over the OCD incident, but we were ready to venture back in without fear of breaking into hysterical laughter. It was unusually quiet for a Friday night, but we weren't complaining. As we were enjoying our meals, a father and two sons came in and sat down at the booth next to us. As soon as the one son went up to the buffet, we knew he'd be someone to watch. He seemed very familiar with all the employees of the Inn. He spoke to them on a first name basis, calling the cooks in from the back line to instruct them on their pepperoni placement and slice size cutting. He was very particular about exactly how much of what he wanted on his requested pizza, all while dressing in khakis, a polo shirt and crocs. He just seemed like a miniature adult. We were winding down our visit, when S requested a slice of dessert pizza. They had just brought two out of her requested pizza when a line began to form. I went to take my place and our little "friend" pushed in front of me. That was fine, I had no need to fight a 6th grader over a piece of pizza with chocolate chips on it. He looked at the first pizza, which had a few pieces missing, and moved on. Surveying the second pizza, he yelled back to his brother "Hey, -----! They did a better job with this one! The chip to slice ratio is much better and the slices are much bigger!!!". He then, singing a little song to himself, searched the pizza for the two biggest slices and placed them carefully on his plate. He held the plate up to his nose and inhaled deeply. Then, he turned to me, stuck his plate right in my face, then pulled it back and forth and back and forth saying, "This piiizzzzaaaa is sooooo chooooocolaty....mmmmm....mmmmm...mmmmmmm!". This went on for about 15 seconds with me looking at him like he had a third eye and he was looking me like "Nanny nanny boo boo!". I started looking around to see if anyone else was watching this, but most people were just wanting things to move along so they could get their food and sit down. I got S's piece, told her she'd better appreciate it after the bizarre experience of getting it and to hurry up before I had a buffet induced nervous breakdown. Needless to say, I told B it was obvious that we hadn't stayed away long enough between visits. Bizarro time as always. The rest of the day was fairly boring. I made two little bags for a brother/sister team. I wrapped his up before I got a picture, but I did get one of the girl's:
Nothing exciting, but fun. Our neighbor is trying to get some sort of government clearance, so I got interviewed by an agent about him today. I made sure to let her know that he, as a former gymnast, had taught my children some cartwheels and flips in the front yard and he had been braver than most trying their triple strength grape koolaid at their lemonade stand. And, because of the privacy act of 1974, he can access my whole statement and see what a weirdo he has for a neighbor. I know they have to do their job, but the man is a navy guy who recently spent a year being deployed in Afghanistan...I think he will be loyal to our country for sure. Well, bedtime. Tomorrow we'll trim the tree and hope that all the coughs and sniffles are a little better. Sleeping in will be a great help for that. Ahhh, weekends.....

No comments:

Post a Comment