Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Poised for a problem

Okay, readers. Tonight's offering certainly falls into the TMI category, so read on at your own risk. With my state of being way over pollinated in the sinus region, I have sneezed and coughed a lot. A. LOT. When a mom who has delivered three children naturally sneezes or coughs hard enough, well, sometimes we have to go home and change some clothing. This evening was an interesting wrinkle involving the same problem. The boy and I were walking to the car from his soccer practice when I had a coughing fit to end all coughing fits. One particularly hard cough came as I stepped up into the car and I realized, "Oh crap...is this going to prevent me from going to the grocery store?". I looked in the console and saw some napkins, but there was no way to address any potential problem in a crowded parking lot, so I just started the car and we were on our way. So how do you bring this up in conversation with your 9 year old son? "Well, son, when a mom has babies her bladder and body go through changes...." Hello, therapy. I told him I might have something on my sweatpants and he might need to check and see. "If we do, buddy, I'll just pop by the house and change and go back to the store." We pulled into our parking spot and I timidly got out of the car. "What am I looking for again?" "Just look like on the back of my pants and see if there is a spot on my pants...no big deal." I stood there for a second and asked if he had seen anything. "I'm still trying to figure out what I'm looking for." I turned around to find the boy squatting down and looking up as though looking at a crime scene for clues. Well, not far from the truth I guess. My poor son. He's a keeper. I'll be paying for his therapy for the foreseeable future.

TMI over. I'm brushing my teeth, taking some cough syrup and going to bed.

Night all.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment