Saturday, January 31, 2015

Pineapple tops and olive oil drops

It has been a day of kind of blah work. I am trying to get our room straightened and changed around which, as you can imagine, is almost torture. I made good progress, but now the basement is even worse than before. Oh well, the process never ends.

Since his sisters were getting to do fun things this weekend, the boy got to choose our dinner spot. Pizza Inn. You now what I have said about this establishment in the past. Mind you, it is clean and well managed. I just feel like hot death when I leave. Tonight was no exception in terms of people watching. Their newest thing is what looks like a crescent roll with olive oil to dip it in. Of course the boy's shirt looked like it was riddled with holes until you got up close and saw that it was just generously peppered with drops of, as Rachel Ray so annoyingly calls it, "EVOO". Arrrgghhh!! Oh well, there are worse things to be doing. We did, as always, get to have a discussion time to learn some lessons. The kids asked us about some different things people either had on t-shirts or inked on their bodies. My favorite was, "Why on earth would that lady have the top of a pineapple on her neck? Why not the whole pineapple?". "Uh, honey, that is a pot, I mean, a marijuana leaf on her neck." "Why would they put that on there?". That is a question I didn't know how to answer. I would probably have the Alfred Hitchcock sketch on my neck if I did something:



Then people could talk about me at the restaurant. And I am sure they would....
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment