Monday, January 26, 2015

A new adventure

I am currently sitting in an elementary school cafeteria with lots of other moms and dads, all of whom look quite worn out and zombie-ish at this time of the day. G has been selected to be one of the representatives from her school for our county's Honors Choir. Luckily, I got the right night this time. We arrived here two weeks ago on a horribly nasty night, trekked up from the parking lot only to find locked doors and stern faced people on the other side telling us there was "no choir of any kind going on" that night. Not too embarrassing...at all. So we are here again tonight. I arrived with a terribly nervous G, who just was concerned about what in the world was about to happen to her and would she be good enough and would she make friends. I asured her that she had every reason to be there and her voice would be a great addition to the group and to chill out. They sent her in a room and sent me to a meeting. She gave me a sick smile and went into her assigned room. Luckily I recognized a mom from soccer whose daughter is on G's team. I know she will be thrilled to see her in there and all will be right with the world. I know I felt that way when I saw the mom.

On another subject, I must ask anyone who wants to answer, "WHERE ON EARTH IS OUR SNOW?!?!?!". Come on, East Tennessee, throw us a bone and, like the "your peanut butter is in my chocolate...your chocolate is in my peanut butter" synergy of te Reese Cup, put this incessant rain together with one of these ultra frigid days and give us some sledding, snow cream and snow man weather. I think we are due a good couple of blizzard like condition days. I have stocked up on evaporated milk to make snow cream. The freezer is stocked and, of course, when the first mention of impending snow is made I may even make the choice to go gather French Toast makings(eggs, milk, bread) with the mob at Kroger. Just sayin', atmosphere, I am ready for God to pour sugar down from Heaven and give us a sweet snow day.

Night all!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment