Monday, December 3, 2012

Über Intense Mom and Charger Dad...the Demonic Duo

So my friend E and I are sitting here at snobby soccer skills practice. Let me state once again, I have allowed my kids to do this so they have some physical activity during the winter months and can get some extra skills training from "expertly trained" people who are rabid about their soccer. I have no illusions that my children are going to grow up and be on the US team, but if they can parlay this sport into a cheaper college tuition, great. The funny thing about this field house where they play is that as soon as you walk in, the intensity level goes up 1000%. The majority of these parents think their 4 or 7 or 13 year old is going to be the next Solo or Hamm or Chastain. The sense of humor is gone. One father ended up moving away from us because we were chatting too much for him to keep up his stats on his 5 year old. Another mom, feeding her infant, went out on the field to yell at her 4 year old for playing instead of working on drills. Get a life people. If they are having fun, leave them alone. It has been said, those who can't play, coach. Not necessarily true, but you see lots of parental broken dreams being lived out in their 5 year old's life. Sad, really. I just like to watch their spazzy little bodies. It is just the best!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment