Monday, December 10, 2012

Kids are so suggestible

Tonight was night numero dos of our church music program...unfilmed. This was the performance where the kids could relax a bit. They were troopers yesterday, but the program was also three and a half hours earlier. Tonight, after being told to use the bathroom as it was their last opportunity, the power of psychological suggestibility reared its ugly head. One had to go and then 3/4 of the pew cleared out over the course of the program. Between the adult bell ringers behind them, who were all mothers, we were busy. My friend had one attempting to lift the hymnals with their feet kicking their feet to see if they could make the mic stand move. I had one making a paper airplane contraption to cover their nose, held to their face by spit and a Kleenex strategically stuck up the nostrils to hold the contraption together. Another ate, in opposition of my stern warning, an entire Kleenex during "O Holy Night". There seems something very unholy about the union of the birth of our Savior and consuming bathroom paper products. Maybe it's just me. Either way, the concert was beautiful even if the entire tween set was stricken with a terrible case off"Ants in the pants". The music was gorgeous and I think our bell number was pretty super duper. I am now going to listen to Michael Buble' sing the last song of his special and conk out. Velvet voice lulling me to dreamland....


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment