Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Baking, sewing and Bob Newhart

As previously stated, we have now entered the mad rush of Christmas parties, performances...all that stuff. Now that I have a job where I work with people (not thread, poly-Fil and cloth), I feel the need to give little "thank you for your hard work" gifts, as well as teacher gifts and family gifts and a million other gifts. I found what appeared to be an easy little nativity-esque ornament to make and give in the spirit of the season. So I have been holed up in the basement like some troll, chained to the sewing machine. In between sewing baby Jesus's head on and giving Joseph eyes, I have also been baking sausage balls for a snack supper for G's little singing group tomorrow. This all gets monotonous after a while. Thanks to one of my all time heroes, Bob Newhart and his button down mind, through the magic of iTunes I have been able to pass the time with relative ease. His comedy is s witty and intelligent...and clean. Why can't we have more of that these days? Listen, I am not above a raunchy joke now and then, but put some thought into it for goodness sake. His bit involving a conversation that a driving instructor is having with his student is just excellent. Look it up.

On a completely different note, I must share heartwarming news. My friend Leanne got to hold her son, baby Drew, for the first time yesterday. As a mother myself, I cannot imagine how torturous it must have been for her to wait almost a month before getting to hold him. What precious news and a sweet picture to see and to hear that he fell asleep in her arms. The comfort was there, even if her arms were around him for the first time. He knew his mommy's arms. That just makes my Christmas.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment