Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Awkward moments...

I seem to attract awkward people and situations in my life. Maybe because I am pretty awkward myself...this is not new information for anybody. I am so self conscious about everything about myself, that I am often surprised when others are not so self aware or self critical...clinically so, like myself. ;o) But, cats and kittens, how self aware do you really have to be to know that wearing a top two to three sizes too small whilst craft shopping in JoAnn's may not be the brightest of choices. I think the three little old ladies and I were afraid of an incident right there next to the collegiate duct tape in the checkout line. Every time the lass took a step, her cleavage increased and rippled...and not in a Bo Derek running on the beach being chased by Dudley Moore kind of way. Wow. That dates me. The chewing gum chonker behind me in line stared and cracked and stared and blew a bubble, focused on the chest of the lass like some hormonal teenage boy. Not to get blue on the blog but if she had tripped off the curb, there would have been a need for actual placing of body parts back into her size xxxxs tank top. I stared awkwardly at the new pack of curved needles I was holding, trying my best to not get pulled into the staring contest.

As I sit here writing this, I am reminded of the wonderful and Godly writing of my friend Leanne on her Caring Bridge sight. She is so gifted in her prose, so inspiring in her words, so capable of having the right verse for the right situation. I feel this is kind of a shlubby(again with the Yiddish)body of work compared to hers. I hope never to make fun or be cruel. I just observe and report the things I see, or the strange way I see ordinary things in life. I am horrible about quoting correct scripture, knowing book/chapter/verse. That is a constant struggle of mine. Just know that my words are meant to give a laugh if needed, an occasional learning opportunity or an occasional tear...but never pain or hurt.

That being said, it is time to go do some wrapping and wade my way through the 753 socks that I need to put into pairs, knowing one will not have a friend. Living the dream, friends.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate the laughs!
    Also, I'm missing a black polyester mid-calf sock. Let me know if it turns up among yours. (True story - once found a missing sock at my great-aunt's in Arkansas. Don't ever remember taking the pair there!)

    ReplyDelete