Saturday, December 1, 2012

That boy is a fighter!

The selfish stuff first. Snobby soccer Saturday was exhausting. I am sure the are learning valuable skills, but it is nauseating to watch your children get purposely left out by coaches because they are only "Winter League" players and not "Academy" players. The boy's coach spoke to him like he had a traumatic brain injury that was contagious. G had the same coach who singled her out constantly. I keep telling myself that it is just for a few more weeks. This will build character. My oldest scored the winning goal in her game, but her coach was our friend and is a kind person. I despise snobbery...despise it.

Our soccer woes are a mere blip on the screen of importance compared to the heartache and worry that our friend L is experiencing with her baby boy. I have spoken about them several times before. He has defied all the odds against him thus far. What a little warrior he is! Yesterday and this morning/afternoon have been extremely scary. His levels have dropped and they have been afraid of losing him. The decision was finally made to put him back on the ECMO machine he had successfully been removed from several days ago. The odds were put at 25% for being put on the machine a second time. But he did it!! Now that he is on it, it is time to let his little body rest and for the docs and parents to decide their next steps. I truly believe God has big plans for this little warrior boy. I ask for all of you to pray, send positive thoughts and well wishes up for him. If you would like to follow his Caring Bridge page, let me know and I will give you his mom's name.

I'm now going to say a prayer for the boy and go to bed. God help him rest and gain some strength through the night.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment