Saturday, December 22, 2012

Comfort found in the simple things

I took a little trip to my parents yesterday. Just a quick trip there and back. It had been since Father's Day, of which I am ashamed. The kids were crazy because school was officially out for Christmas Break. I was crazy because the realization hit me that I was completely unready for Tuesday...not only present wise, but more importantly mind and heart wise. The sa yu can't go home again, but I did and I enjoyed it. After dinner and a chilly but fun drive looking at Christmas lights, we all got pj'ed up and went to bed. I laid down in the bed of my childhood. My great(I don't know how many greats)grandfather built it and I slept in it for over half my life. I know I was tired, but there was something so comforting and calming about sleeping in that bed. Even as a grown up with children, there's something so comforting about going home and sleeping in tour childhood bed...at least to me there is.

I am going to bed soon. The hub and I have been watching the youtube sensation "Beer and Boardgames"....well, about 8 episodes. Not for young ears, but very funny. Very.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment