Wednesday, December 12, 2012

The light before Christmas put my mind right..

Tonight was the always epic children's Christmas music night a church. Personally, it is my favorite concert of the year. I love the grown ups in concert, don't get me wrong, but the offerings from the children are what really warm my hear and turn on the waterworks. The boy got up and did his singing. He is very serious about it and never will crack a smile. But his little voice is so sweet to hear. Next came G's group. They have practiced their musical since September and were ready to go. As it always happens, circumstances and illness always come at the worst times,and it tried to mess things up tonight. G's buddy came after having been home sick all day. The poor thing suffered through practice and we all were concerned as to whether she could make it through the musical which was 35 minutes. Well, my friends, she powered through like a trooper. What a grown up thing to do...so very proud of her! I was teary through the whole thing. I was proud of G. She had the first solo and the mic wasn't working. It came on at the end, but her one moment was sullied. She could have stopped or pitched a fit, but she sang on and didn't show that it bothered her at all. She got sad later. I think she had a right to be. Even though snafus and illness occurred, the program was wonderful. Ms. Kathryn does an absolutely spot on job with these kids. We are so blessed to have her. The message of the musical and their sweet singing but my mind from the inconvenience of the holidays to the miracle of Christmas.

On a completely different and anticlimatic note, I am watching "Amish Mafia". Holy moly. The Discovery networks really have a fascination with the Amish and creepy families who make Southerners look horrible. I guess they market what works. Sad, really. But come on friends, Amish smoking bongs/slashing tires and sending enforcement out to shut down knockoff Amish craft dealers and all run by a man at a desk in a barn? If they combine this sow with Honey Boo Boo, that would be something to watch. Just sayin'.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. They were wonderful! I told G. that I was really glad that I sat up front so I was able to hear all of her solo and how wonderful she sang!

    ReplyDelete