Sunday, December 2, 2012

Tabloids are making me explain everything

My oldest saw a tabloid tonight at the grocery store, I think it was the Star...do they still make that?...and it spoke of Tom and Suri. It asked "Will he leave the church since he cannot speak to anyone who doesn't believe in the Scientologist doctrine?". S asked if it came down to it, would I choose the church or her? I told her that I would never be asked by our church to never speak to her again, although I may have to explain my alien baby that I had with Burt Reynolds. Tabloids make such outrageous stories...totally would have been Tom Selleck. Because she is a sixth grader she is going though the confirmation process to decided if she wants to become a full member of the church. When I was a confirmand, we visited several other churches of differing religions just to hear what they had to say. They wanted us to be aware of other religions and fully weigh out our options. S asked me, after seeing that tabloid, if we visited a church of Scientology during that time. My answer was this...verbatim..."Uhhhh, no." The tabloids also allow me to explain how makeup can really make the stars look different, but so can photo editing.

So in summary, tabloids are entertaining. Our child's church journey is very sacred and important to us, and it is going to be a miracle if Suri doesn't grow up to be an ax murderer thanks to the Enquirerer.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment