Monday, December 24, 2012

It's almost here....

This day has flown by what with all the cooking and wrapping and cooking and visiting and cooking and finally worshiping. I made seventy five thousand sugar cookies and about the same number of sausage balls. The kids enjoyed a day of sloth, with an occasional visitor thrown in here and there. We have diligently tracked Santa by way of NORAD all day, amazed at the stats on his sleigh:



I will never cease to be amazed by the wonderful work they do each Christmas tracking Santa and answering the phone calls of children everywhere. We learned that Santa favors the cookie food group in a major way...luckily he will benefit from the work of earlier today.

Church tonight was chaotic as always, but what maternity ward in a manger wouldn't be? G and the boy chose to be "Wise People". There is always a healthy looking Heavenly Host and the sheep are well tended. S did the Christmas Eve prayer which made me teary. When we all sang "Silent Night" and raised our candles high (the boy was old enough to have a real one this year), the hub and I both choked up at the bounty of blessings we have.

We returned to home to find that the elves had not only brought us all new pj's, but had made a mess in the kitchen and played with toys in the kids' rooms. We feasted on spaghetti and sauce that G made all by herself, which was delicious! We sat as a family and listened to G read a children's book on the Chriatmas story and S read the story from the Gospel of Luke. Rather than get the whole family bawling this year, I chose to read "How the Great Guest Came" by Edwin Markham by myself. It pierces my heart and puts me right where I need to be for this season. If you have never read it, google it now.

We have completed all of our Christmas duties, the hub is softly sawing logs and I am I am finishing this up while listening to "A Christmas Story" on TBS...."Wowee a zeppelin!!!!". I pray this Christmas is filled with wonder and love and family and peace and thankfulness for the greatest gift who brought light to the world. God bless you all!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment