Thursday, December 27, 2012

Back to life...back to reality

Well the last of the family left today to return to their own homes and comfy beds. It is bittersweet without the sweet. Reality had to return, but I was not really ready for it. And in true fashion for the kind of luck we have, not two minutes after they left, the boy tripped over the dog gate and hit his nose against the wall. The tip of it turned blue immediately. Screaming and crocodile tears commenced. After feeding the children lunch, I treated myself to a luxury that I hadn't indulged in since Thanksgiving: I sat down. On the couch. And woke up 90 minutes later and felt like complete crap, but was warm and snuggly with my children. I'll take that any day.

We splurged and ate out tonight. Frankly, as much as I love Chirstmas dinner fare, we could not take another night of ham or pork tenderloin...any pork product. G had more fun with a paper placemat than most people can...love that girl:




The evening has been spent enjooying the fun of Apple products and iMovie. I have been baking to take treats to friends in the hospital waiting room tomorrow. As much as I love to bake, I think I may be losing my cooking mojo or suffereing from a janked up oven. When turning out loaf number two of lovely pumpkin bread, it does not bode well to have actual bread batter ooze out of the crack in the top of the loaf...especially when it was baked almost 15 minutes longer than the recipe asked. Grrrr. At least the ends are nice. Honestly, that is just beyond annoying.

It is about time to turn it. Have to go clean bread goo off the counter and try not to cuss and run over the bread pans in the driveway. It's too cold...that won't happen. Tonight.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment: