Thursday, December 20, 2012

Party animal, I am not...

Think of any party song you can think of and then think of me and you'll hear the tune, "One of these things is not like the other...". It is my honor and pleasure to be allowed to assist with my children's class parties. Truly it is. But after 7.25 hours of parties, I am ready for some chilled beverage, a couch and some slack jawed movie marathoning. I am not the best parent in the world but I am convinced that, after today, I've done something right in the manners department. G had a lovely breakfast party, complete with snowflake cutting, ornament making and Rankin Bass movie watching. She enjoyed herself:



My apologies...I caught her mid sausage ball. They were so sweet, I hated to leave them for the chaos of kindergarten, but the boy needed me there. So down the hall I went, steeling myself for the chaos ahead. They were understandably amped up. I was asked to kind of head up this party, which was brave on his teacher's part. Each table had a different craft going on, a Christmas around the world. The boy seemed especially careful with his gingerbread man from Germany:



The green with white on the right hand side of the picture is his suitcase from the laminator incident...we shall speak of it no more. They all had a good time. I will brag a second and say I am especially proud of the tonight. When goody bags brought by a classmate ran short, he gave his to a new friend and went without thinking twice. I love that kid.

With midterms over and class being playtime for tomorrow, we took the kids to see Santa tonight. We have never waited this long, but we got it done. The boy was first to tell his three wishes, then the girls followed.



Then they rode the train with Uncle Mike, a longstanding tradition. The boy chose to ride by himself...he is in kindergarten after all.






All in all, it was a day well spent. My feet are screaming and I am overdrawn in the patience savings account. Time for bed, but blessed. Blessed indeed.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment