Wednesday, December 26, 2012

The day after kinda stinks...

The day started off with some promise. I slept in past 7am for the first time in I don't know how long. The rain was dropping on the roof, making me want to turn over and try for a little bit more sleep. Then I looked at the clock and realized that the hub was going to be late to work if he didn't get moving soon. The kids got up, the hub left and then all hell broke loose. Attitudes were in the dumpster, everybody wanted Daddy and Mom was a swamp witch again. I took a quick jaunt to Walgreens and Kroger to see if there were any after Christmas deals to be had. The kids are good for gift bags for teacher gifts for the next three years, I think. After returning home, we started taking the ornaments off the tree which was fun for about, I don't know, two minutes. After that, the swamp witch was working alone. The boy got a remote controlled solar system for his bedroom. He was thrilled when my dad finished putting it up. Our little budding astronomer wanted to write about his new toy in his new journal. He said, "I need to write it down now. My memory is erased when I go to sleep. It resets each night." Where does he come up with that stuff? By the way, I am writing on my new keyboard and it disables the autocorrect. Sorry for the typos that I have not caught. I'm sure there are more than usual.

My aunt and uncle came over today and brought the kids Christmas presents. The boy once again got a great gift. He was thrilled with his new sheets. Can you guess why?



S had a big day as well. She has been saving up money and, after receiving Christmas money, had enough to take a trip to the Apple Store. She took lots of time to make a list of questions for them and even made a chart of comparisons between products. A bit later she came walking in, the proud owner of her very own iPad Mini. Gotta admire her for her thriftiness, which was burning a hole in her pocket.

Good things happened to the kids and that's enough. It just stinks to be an adult dealing with putting decorations away...and being the bad guy...all the time. But I am blessed. Baby Drew is having a bad day today and nothing I've complained about today is even important compared to his problems. Pray for his little body. So worrying...
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment