Friday, December 28, 2012

Just another chilly, boring day

You can't have it both ways. I understand that, but sometimes I forget that. When it is terribly busy, I want calm. When it is too calm, I want some action to liven things up a bit. Today has been one of those days that, while I loved having no agenda, I feel dull and a bit of a loser in terms getting anything accomplished. I did go to visit a friend whose mother was having surgery today. Coming from a long line of hospital waiting room squatters, the magnetic pull of cramped quarters, bad coffee and poorly stocked vending machines beckoned me to crawl in the car this morning armed with a bag of treats to be consumed by the waiting family. My aunt, uncle and parents have spent years of their lives dropping in on friends and family who are patiently, or impatiently, waiting for news of loved ones. I feel the same pull in my blood, but sadly I lack the finesse and comforting words of my family members. Today's trip got me as far as the hospital parking lot where I found them still in their car, but I felt awkward following them in like some weird lost puppy. SO, I shoved the bag of treats in their hands, gave a hug and went on my way. We did text throughout the day, so my squatting relatives would probably be okay with that...even though they still don't understand the attraction of talking by typing on a phone.

After returning home, I found children still in pj's with one of them making a home made barometer for school. Laundry, straightening and cleaning followed. Then a few hours of sloth. In this time, we received word that sweet baby Drew was not doing well. His pulmonary hypertension is causing such issues and those issues are hard to overcome. He is resting and all we can do is pray without ceasing, hoping that his little body will find its will to fight once again. Miracles happen every day and I just hope one of them happens in his life.

I am currently listening to the hub and children listening to our team play their bowl game. Overtime is never where you want them to be, but at least they got to a bowl game. We just won, the kids and hub are happy and bedtime is about to commence. There is a peanut butter ball with my name on it and then bedtime for me. Aren't you riveted by the excitement that is my life? I'll take it a million times over.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment