Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Learning from the little guys

I am biased. I'll admit it, but I admire my children...I admire children in general. Up to a certain age, they approach the world with a black and white attitude. They approach faith with a black and white attitude. There is little to question, they are sure about what they know. If you leave the "angel warning the shepherds" out of the Christmas story, they will point it out. They have something to say and a whole lot to teach me about letting go and going on faith.

I've heard a lot of discounting the importance of the role children play in our lives for too long. Are they just to be cute and "seen and not heard"? I think not. My children have profound things to say. They may not contain vocabulary that reads like a well written novel, but they make their points very clear. I am humbled by their absolute faith and certainty in their beliefs.

I'll stop now. Just a bad day that confirms my readiness for a break and some time with my children and husband. Twilight Zone marathons while playing Scrabble and wearing pajamas sound like Heaven right now.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment