Thursday, November 1, 2012

Welcome to the jungle baby...you're gonna diiiieeee!!!

Navigating a new job is always interesting and I hope it never gets boring. I don't think it ever will. I have learned that, big duh statement here, I enjoy the interactive part over the official authority kind of part. People are passionate about what they are passionate about and I have to learn how to harness that passion and constructively use it. If I don't, I'm going to get eaten alive. I'm a bug girl...they'd dine for a while. Oh well, it's a process.

My sweet hub was informed of his surgery date today. In a little less than two weeks, he will have a cut in his back, bad stuff taken out, good stuff left in, stitches and then hopefully blessed relief upon waking up in recovery. Then the long road to a new world begins. We are anxious, but I know he is ready and I am so ready to see him feel good again. He has suffered for too long. I covet your prayers as we prepare him for the process and to heal and not overdo, prepare the children for the process and learn to live gingerly around Daddy for the next several months.

Funny of the evening. Hub was describing to the children the process of surgery day and how it will all go down. "They'll prep me for surgery, then take me to surgery and then afterwards I will go to..."...and a child shouted, "The maternity room!!!". If only. Then he could quit his job, write his life story, make the talk show circuit and buy that farm we've always wanted. I'll post pictures if he delivers.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. LOL!! I love your kids, they have such an amazing sense of timing. Keeping up the prayers for healing and relief, that thorn has been in his side plenty long enough.

    ReplyDelete