Sunday, November 25, 2012

A month until Christmas...oh my

Someone kindly freaked my freak out this morning when they announced that it was one month until Christmas. One month?!?! Truth be told, I am much farther along on my Christmas preparations than usual. Because the hub is unable to lift or reach or bend for fear of hurting himself, I have taken up the offers any person kind enough to help. We got the tree up and fashioned our one tiny moment of Griswold up in the form of white lights in a Dogwood. Hoop-de-doo. I made excellent progress on Black Friday and made no unnecessary purchases. The excitement builds, as does the stress, but am I building the right kind of excitement? Is my excitement in the form of gifts and giving and holiday treats and parties? Or is the excitement building for the arrival of the King? The realization that the Christ child is coming. There are elements of both, for sure. But I hope as the days come and go, the promise of the baby will far outweigh that of a gift card or a pair of rag wool socks. We are so blessed and do not need a thing. I just pray my excitement will not be misplaced. But I will admit that a two day long Twilight Zone marathon pajama,party would be an excellent gift. Just sayin'.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment