Wednesday, November 7, 2012

A thing of beauty, laughter

Tonight was a stressful one. But then, Wednesday nights are always stressful because it is work time for me. We are in the process of getting used to a new childcare location or, rather, going back to the old one after many years. People get used to what they get used to and change is always hard. They're handling it okay.

When most of the people are gone and we are winding down from the night and finishing paperwork, sometimes we get a little punchy. I had shared a funny family story with my friend. She laughed harder than I even thought she would. So when our friend, R, came by after hearing our laughter, I was asked to share it with him. It was moderately involved and required some grammatical word play. Normally I write part of it down as a visual aid, but I didn't for him. To see him go from puzzled trying to figure it out in his head, to the lightbulb moment on his face when he figured it out and was doubled over in laughter...perfection. We laughed even harder because he did. It was excellent. Just excellent. A perfect salve for a day of hardened hearts and stressful situations.

Laugh out loud. You never know whose day you might make.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment: