Monday, November 19, 2012

It had a promising start...

This morning started the day off with such promise. I wrangled the two youngers out of bed, got them dressed, fed the and got them to school. I then helped the boy make a presentation on the Cherokee Indians in the TB ward, aka, his classroom. The kids liked his show and tell. One boy even told me that the hand made ankle bracelet, made especially for my mother by one of her Cherokee friends, could be found in multiple colors at Big Lots. Good to know. I went home to find S with color back in her cheeks and a smile on her face. We had bowls of my aunt's yummy baked peach oatmeal. I got the front yard blown 95% free of leaves, fed the hub and S lunch and watched almost a whole episode of Chuck. And then.....

I was having a phone call with my aunt when the school called. That's never good. The boy had a 103 temp, taken in both ears. When I picked him up, he looked nothing like the boy who I left at school. Sick eyes, achy and so terribly hot. I got him home, pj'ed up, gave him some Motrin and a Be Kool strip for his head and laid him down. Just as the house was calming down, my aunt arrived with G, who was sporting a swollen arm from a playground incident. Thus began the evening's tour of packed ER's, only to decide to go home and wait out her injured arm and hope it would improve after a good night's sleep. Let me just say that the ER at Children's hospital was a fire marshall's nightmare. There was not a seat to spare and no amount of masks, rubber gloves and bleach to make me feel comfortable. We returned home, threw our clothes down the basement steps and took the home version of a chemical shower. At bedtime, the poor boy was so sick and tired that he fell asleep standing up brushing his teeth and slammed his head on the counter. One huge knot on his head later....

The kids are all in bed and hopefully out for the night. I am watching Dr. Zhivago and remembering what a creep Rod Steiger was in it. I may indulge in a bowl of ice cream. And I will not feel guilty about it.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment