Wednesday, November 21, 2012

"The Day After" is not just a 1983 nuclear holocaust movie...

"There's got to be a morning after...". And there was today. Let me make myself clear once again, people have things so much worse than we do. We are truly blessed, but yesterday was one of those days that I had to take a little time to think a little harder about my blessings. Our biggest blessing yesterday? Health Insurance. Health insurance. Health insurance. The last two weeks have brought with them back surgery,bronchitis, super duper cough medicine, two cases of the flu, an injured and sugar splinted arm and $200 worth of Tamiflu...well that's what we paid out of our pocket. Yesterday I took G to get her arm fixed and the boy to get his body fixed. Honestly, I have not seen him that sick, ever. It is something I hope I never have to see again. G woke up this morning coughing and sniffly. I must give a lukewarm shout out to our pediatrician's office for calling in Tamiflu for the girls, only after getting rather ugly and making it clear that it was not up for negotiation. A super huge shout out to my friend Angel who called in Tamiflu for me. Until the hub is healed and more mobile, I am, unfortunately for the family, the cook, cabbie, nurse, handy woman, dry cleaner, etc..

On a lighter note, S danced in the Phantasm of Trees tonight- a night before Thanksgiving tradition. My mom curled her hair, since they wanted it curly and she had her make up done at Merle Norman, since her group needed makeup. She looked awfully pretty, I'm not ashamed to say. Here is the back of her hair:



Here she is in her dance costume. Please forgive the holding room floor. The convention center felt no need to vacuum for their guests.



It was crazy and fun as always. She has grown so much in her abilities.

Well, to bed Imust go. I need to get up early and get the turkey lurkey(as my Bumbie used to call it)in the oven. It shall be an interesting turkey day in the sick ward.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. She did great! She has grown so much. Thank you for letting her dance with me. I am truly blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! What a beautiful young lady!

    Hope things get smoother soon. Happy Thanksgiving to the whole household (doggy included!).

    ReplyDelete