Thursday, November 15, 2012

Madonna, Saran Wrap and showers

So this whole process of being a nursing assistant has been very eye opening. Am I doing a good job? I'd say I'm doing a strongly adequate attempt, which is about the height of my abilities. Today was a banner day for the hub in this whole journey. He got to have his first post-op shower. That sounds great, except that I had to adequately wrap him up so as not to get his incision wet at all. This was a daunting task. I had assistance, thank goodness. Using the huge roll of industrial Saran Wrap that has been most recently used to wrap my brother's wedding get away vehicle(and many, MANY wedding get away vehicles), we wrapped him up and then taped him up with electrical tape. He looked rather strange. In fact, he looked strange enough that I commented he looked like he belonged in a Madonna video. My assistant then started singing, "Like a Virgin " which made me nearly wet myself and the poor hub wince in pain from laughing too hard. This is why we as a family can get through these times....because we are crazy.

On a completely different and serious note, the sweet baby I spoke of made it through surgery today. What a miracle and testimony to the fighting spirit of this little baby! I pray for him and his family in the days, weeks and months to come. He has a long road, but a road that is lined with help and love. I can't wai to see where it leads him.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment