Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Whew!

Today was the boy's first day back to school after break. He was so excited to see all of his buddies...the three musketeers reunited at last. After being sick for so long, the day took a lot out of him. He still managed to ask lots of strange questions and do lots of silly dances. Love that boy. The family for Extreme Makeover: Home Edition Knoxville was announced today. The show has energized our city and Paul, Ty and Jenny sightings are popping up all over the place. I would love, as I am sure half of Knoxville does, to stalk the sight. An impossibility, I'm sure, but the possibility of getting to tear up with Paul is very exciting. This evening was Sarah's very first speech contest out of school. She went to the Ag campus at UT and competed in the 4H speech contest. I'm not sure who was more nervous, but we both survived. I did not get to see her present her speech to the judges, but B recorded it and I can't wait to watch it. The boy had ants in his pants and was exhausted, so he and I walked around the building. After a meltdown from disappointment and sheer exhaustion, he fell asleep in my arms for a good hour or more while waiting for the speakers to be done. Four of her other friends competed as well, but they had to go to another room due to so many 5th graders in the contest. She did not place, but I am so proud of her. I had to write an essay for the Optimist Club in 11th grade and then read it at a banquet full of old men at the Ramada Inn. I puked in the bathroom before I had to go out there. S handled it with class and grace. What a girl!Tomorrow I go work with the babies at school. Here's hoping they don't eat me alive. They are a lively bunch. Happy evening to all....it is time to watch Conan and conk out. Jealous? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment