Saturday, January 7, 2012

The alien has taken up a new residence...

It has been another run of the mill day at the ranch. A trip to the Depot for the kids' workshop....they built a bank that looks like a house. I like the fact that they had us screw the bottom on, only to be taken off when the bank is full. We'll see how that goes.
Afterwards the boy, who has been feeling quite poorly the last, oh, month and a half, started rapidly going downhill. His sinus infection has spread the love and moved to his ear. How nice of it to do so.
After calling the doc and leaving a message, we waited all afternoon and evening for confirmation that they had called the antibiotic(noted earlier this week in his chart)in to Walgreens. Nope. So, when the heated rice bag lost its effectiveness for the 10th time, the hub called a friend of ours. Yeah, even we know people. The boy is now antibiotic-ed up and ear dropped up, so hopefully we will have decent sleep tonight. While I am so sad that he is sick and is in constant need of allergy meds of varying strengths and types, I am so grateful for his otherwise decent health. There are so many whose children deal with pain and hell every minute of their lives. I stand in awe of their strength and example. So I will deal with the alien who has taken up residence in my son's sinuses and ear and we will pray that he takes up residence in another county....in space.

1 comment:

  1. this will be a covert post. Oh, what the heck, it happened 35 yrs ago. I had a standing-no-holds-barred Rx for "the pink stuff" (antibiotic) and Dimetapp (it was a Rx before it was OTC, us new moms called it Kool Aid for the Sick)...anyhow..I could get it refilled any ol' time I wanted, and I had 4 moms that knew it. You know kids...they get sick on Holidays, on the Way to the water Park, Labor Day, whenever...it was a very special time, those 1970's!

    ReplyDelete