Friday, January 27, 2012

Emotional day

Weeellll....today is my father's 70th birthday. 70th. Wow. I can't believe it. He certainly doesn't act or look like it at all. I guess that biting wit and sarcasm really do keep you young, along with lots of walking and gardening and never sitting still until nighttime shows come on. I have been so blessed to have this man as a father. Not many people have the wisdom and patience to deal with the likes of my brother and myself, but he kept us straight, kept us honest and never let us ever go away from him without an "I love you.". I can't wait to see him tomorrow, give him a big hug and then sit back and let the laughing begin. My earliest recollection is crossing the street without permission when I was in preschool. We had been playing in the sprinkler in our swimsuits. When he called me back across in a very stern voice, I sashayed across like some little brat and bit him on the stomach. Needless to say, that did not go over or end well. He had more restraint than I deserved on more than one occasion. He has taught me hard lessons and has been my biggest cheerleader. Happy Birthday, Dad!

On a completely different note, my favorite show ended tonight. Our family's appointment television night was Friday at 8pm. Chuck Bartowski and his group of friends and coworkers have entertained us for a long time...not long enough in my opinion. The show's run ended tonight, but not before I shed several tears. The kids were ticked we didn't let them watch it all, but they are sick and need the sleep. Thanks to the magic of DVR, they can watch it tomorrow. Shows like that don't come around too often. Unfortunately, when they do they are often under appreciated and in danger of cancellation every year. Give shows like this a chance. You won't regret it it.

Hopping off the soapbox and heading to bed. It has been a long day and will be a longer one tomorrow. Night all...


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment