Monday, January 23, 2012

Monday, Monday....

Woooo did that alarm clock start talking early this morning...while the mini monsoon raged outside. S was so excited this morning. She had new patrol duties starting today. Working in the office has been one of her top choices and she finally got it. Personally, I am glad that she won't be outside during the frigid morning. Sadly, she will not be on the side where we pick up anymore. Sure I could switch sides, but I am too OCD and a creature of habit AND I don't want to be that mom who follows her baby everywhere. It has always been nice to pull into the pick up loop and get a glimpse of her face. I can get a pretty good idea on whether the day was a thumbs up or thumbs down by one glance. Oh well. It is these little things that move me along in the baby steps towards letting go...a little bit.

I forgot to share with you something interesting. In fifth grade, the kids are required to do 4H. Not sure I quite understand it, but whatever. So far, she has done a speech, several Christmas crafts and, her latest, a collection. We struggled as to what to choose. She collects a whole lot of office supplies, but that makes for a pretty lame collection. So it was kind of neat that when I was messing in my sewing area, she started going through my button box. I have my grandmothers' buttons, random found buttons and a mess of buttons that I won in a lot off of eBay(long story). She found several that were quite unique. And there was born the collection. She found some in her great aunt's collection. She found some new ones as well. After having been given one as a gift, she and her Nana made some button rings. I thought it was pretty cool. She didn't put all that she wanted, but just enough to show her interests. Here was the display of her collection:



I was pleased with her work. She's pretty neat that one.

Well, off to sew the other arm on my poor little creature. It looks awfully pitiful. Then bed. Night all...

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment