Thursday, January 26, 2012

Not so fun the next day, is it?

We had a friend spend the night last night. Before you give a great big gasp, YES it was on a school night. One of G's friends stayed with us while her parents went out of town on a very important trip. Needless to say, getting three girls in the same room to go to sleep was difficult at best. Lights were out at the appropriate time, but sleeping did not commence. They finally did, but the hub and I knew the morning would be brutal. G is not necessarily a late sleeper, but she is a consistent one. She usually is the first to fall asleep, the first to conk out in the car. If it came down to it, I could reinstate the nap and she would be the most compliant. Needless to say, when the call came in from the substitute school secretary, I was not shocked. The mixture of exhaustion, sinuses that are draining like a faucet and "absolutely disgusting" cheese sticks that were a main course choice(don't get me started)for lunch made her a cruddy candidate for learning much during the afternoon. So I took her home at noon. No TV was allowed, which was not a big hit since we don't allow it during the school week anyway. She did her remaining class work and then we sat down to read some Henry Huggins. The next thing I know, my arm started getting heavy...a strange pressure holding it down. The girl was slumped over, sawing some serious logs. Yeah, another victim of "Sleepover Hangover". All three of the heartbeats are in bed. The boy, after a long day, grabbed his newly sewn bunny, and was out in less than three minutes. Oh here is his new bunny, Brian:



The girls have come down with a couple questions, but I think they are down for the count. Fingers crossed.

I have watched my favorite Thursday show and am nearing the end of my day as well. Have a good night's sleep...I sure hope to as well.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment