Thursday, January 5, 2012

I'm no Kane, but call Ripley 'cause an alien is a comin'

Took the boy to the doc today...again. They wanted to put him on a third round of antibiotic, this time 14 days, to kill any remaining anything in his little body. After I inquired as to what that will do to his body, the NP decided to try him on a kid's Neti pot kind of situation....don't worry, we boiled the water so no bacteria will eat his brain and kill him. Steroid nose drops and additional allergy meds. As a parent, it makes me sick to think of him being on all of that just so he'll stop getting sinus infections. But that is what the pediatrician and the allergist think is best. I will, however, invoke the mom's intuition when it kicks in. Except for shooting snot rockets out with impressive force and sounding like a carton a day smoker, he is in fine spirits. It bothers me more, I think. We took the kids to do "something fun" per their request and saw "The Adventures of TinTin". The genius of animators will never cease to amaze me. I did have a five minute period where I conked out and the hub had to elbow me awake. Embarrassing. Oh well, it happens. The movie was great and I am now going to have to search out the comics for the kids. I have battled a headache from Hades today. I think it is a combo sinus, stress, need to wear my specs kind of situation. At one point, before I found the ibuprofen, I felt like Sigourney Weaver was going to meet me with a flame thrower.
Three gel caps later, well I am writing so I guess the alien went back into a dormant state for a while. Tomorrow I hit the basement hard again and throw more family memories away. Better keep those gel caps close by...

No comments:

Post a Comment