Friday, January 13, 2012

Random musings

I have been in the basement deeply entrenched in "Operation: I don't want to be the subject of an A&E show" this week. And last week. Sigh. It is sad that there is enough stuff in there that I am still culling. But we have forward progress, so that is good. Yesterday I bundled up to donate about 3 kitchen garbage bags(the tall ones)of material. There was every type and color of fleece, there was jersey material, cotton, cotton/poly blends, muslin, terry cloth(I kept that), silky stuff, shiny gold stuff, stuff with dogs and trees and snowmen and flowers and swirls and little girls. It was freeing to know that my loss will be someone else's crafting gain. Oh, there are still plenty of quilts, material and projects to keep me busy for a long time. In this process, I have found some interesting things:1- I know I'm a big girl with geeky tendencies, but I think I was a pretty cool kid back in the day.2- I got autographs from both Darth Vader and Boba Fett when they came to the mall. Autographed pictures. Don't be too jealous.3- What does it say that I had a collection of Welcome Back, Kotter trading cards? it says point #2 for my coolness...4- I want to open a business just so Tabatha Coffey will come give me advice...and give me her hairdo.5- I have enough wrapping paper and gift cards to supply the whole family for my sweet cousin G's party tomorrow. 6- When someone who's old enough to know better talks like a preschooler so they get a reaction from people, um, please stop. Anna Nicole cornered the market on that. We have enough film in the country.7- I ordered and used a Pillsbury Dough boy throw blanket. It was warm too!8-I wish people in the hood would realize that dogs cannot survive this cold. I don't care if they are covered with hair. They are dogs. They will die outside.9- I am beyond relieved that I did not find a mouse while cleaning. 10- When you ask a child to sort sort something for you, you might as well be asking them to rip Ponge Bob's square pants off and shove them down his thrown. Met with horro and disgust.I feel much better about the situation down there and don't feel anxious. Now the crushing weight of the promise of bears and bunnies is in its place. Oh well.......

No comments:

Post a Comment