Monday, January 16, 2012

Tale as old as time....

Today was a holiday, MLK Jr Day, and the kids were home. There is always a guilt about what is the proper observation protocol for this day. On Veteran's Day, we make sure to pay tribute by flying flags, having parades and thanking a veteran. On this day, I talk to my children about Dr. King and his life and legacy. I don't spend the whole day in reflection and I feel guilty about that. I feel as though we might look out of place at the parades or walks downtown. I worry that my intentions might be questioned. I feel bad about thinking that. It is a vicious, stupid circle that I allow myself to start. So because I didn't know what else to do, I got the kids up, made them Ebelskivers(yum) and took them to see a movie. I am not a huge Disney Princess fan, but rereleases in 3D combined with a Sisters in the Spirit event made it a must. I cried, as I knew I would, at all the obvious parts. I still would love to know how Robby Benson came to be the obvious choice for the role of the Beast. Jerry Orbach's Lumiere is still wonderful. On a completely different note, I am going to put a picture of yet another basement find. Why I have these things, I don't know. But I do.
I loved the A-Team, I loved his cereal, I loved his cartoon, I loved him on Conan and I love his voice work. He's a class act. I pity da fool who disagrees. Night all....

No comments:

Post a Comment