Friday, January 20, 2012

Camp out night

Tonight we had the Mother-Son "Camp Out" at church. The boy was so excited, he couldn't hardly stand himself. He had been looking forward to it for so long, this week seemed like an eternity. We got to church and he set out our sleeping bag and we set to work. We made a pine cone bird feeder with shortening and birdseed. Then we made crosses with two sticks with God's Eyes holding them together. Then the boys started getting crazy so, mercifully, they announced dinner. Games followed, then roasting marshmallows and songs by a little pretend camp fire.



I love to spend time with that boy. He is the funniest thing. I wish that I had the ability to let go a little more and let him just be a boy...and not worry about it. I am still a work in progress, but I don't want to ruin him. Even though they are stressful, I thank God for evenings like these that give me a chance to celebrate my son. What a blessing he is!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment