Friday, February 6, 2015

Writer's block

I have had nothing in terms of funny happen this week that really make me want to share with the three of you reading. As of right now, I am sitting at futsal practice, wondering how parents of some of these smart mouthed children don't lose their minds. Sorry. That was a bit of an aside.

Today I got a bit freaked out when the car alarm starting going off this afternoon. We had a car break in up the street a week ago and we are all kind of on high alert. There has been a lot of suspicious activity around our neighborhood and the surrounding ones as well. Oh yeah, I may have mentioned the two police officers who came to visit us at 8am Saturday morning to help allay our fears about residential street toughs. Copper, the dog that will gladly attack knotty pine trim with the violence of viscious land shark, would not bark if the devil himself strolled into our front yard...so she's kind of useless. She'd cry and want to run out to play with him, possibly pull his forked tail a little. So in terms of a watchdog against petty criminals wearing the neighborhood out with their antics....

The boy survived his stomach malady this week. As many of you know, the subject of vomit is not one that I choose to be well versed on and would prefer to remain ignorant on for the rest of my life. So while he rested as comfortably as possible with a bum belly, I scrubbed strawberry yogurt barf out of his arm splint. Living the dream, folks, living the dream. Luckily he has good aim and control, so when he felt the need he hit his mark of the trashcan with the precision that made a barf-phobic mom proud. The rest of the time he watched lots of classic television shows and said strange things in his feverish state. Pitiful but entertaining all at the same time.

Tomorrow the hub will take his two girls to the annual Father Daughter Valentine's danc at church. I imagine a big evening of dads standing in a line talking and a large group of girls dancing in the middle of the gym, hopped up on punch and cookies. It is truly an act of love for his daughters for the non dancer dad that the hub is. It is a sweet memory for all of them. I will make sure to put pictures up as I get them.

Night all.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment