Saturday, February 14, 2015

Valentine Insanity

As I have said before, Valentine's Day has always been a big deal in our family. My brother and Granny, both Valentine babies, celebrated their birthdays together in a big family celebration with some candy hearts and cards. He usually had a cheesecake and she had a butterscotch dessert...they blew out their candles together and shared a special look with each other that I loved to see every year. Now she has been gone almost five years and I know that the day is little different for him. A new way to celebrate his day and remember his birthday twin at the same time. I'm glad he and his lovely bride can make new traditions for his day. I am so grateful every year on this day that God gave me two things: (1) A woman who will forever be one of the biggest influences on my life, teaching me how to sew, to make a good pie and live my life to honor and glorify God AND (2) My first and strongest best friend who can make me laugh until I wet my pants, astound me with his unbelieveable wisdom and stagger me with his compassion and care for others. I am a blessed sister and granddaughter.

We wanted to try and have a special treat for our dinner tonight, so we got crazy and grilled some steaks and had baked potatoes. Afterwards, the children got their baths, pajama'ed up and came downstairs to have dessert 1970's style. Move over Melting Pot, we had our own hardcore homemade chocolate fondue. The same fondue recipe that my mom has been making us since I was younger than my boy. They feasted on marshmallows, pound cake pieces, strawberries and bananas. We used an old school fondue pot and got crazy. Afterwards, the boy had to run around for quite a while and bring himself down from the sugar high he was experiencing. Valentine's Day insanity. Again, a blessed woman with this crew. My cup runneth over.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment