Saturday, February 21, 2015

Wow...another snow!

We woke up this morning to a different kind of light coming through the window and the kind of eerily loud quiet that comes with a new snow. I looked out the window and confirmed that there was a nice layer of new snow and big flakes coming down. The kids woke up quickly once I said, "Look out the window!". This then prompted the exit from the bed as if they had received an electrical shock. After a breakfast of coffee cake, they suited up and prepared to make some serious snowmen and snowballs. S was able to get a decent snow person built before the freezing rain came and janked up the snow consistency. The youngers struggled with their body part development which then led them to join forces and build together. What resulted was a shape that, according to G, was a coke bottle. The boy was put out by the way it turned out and disavowed any knowledge as to its existence. I must say, and struggle to do so without putting blue content onto this blog, that Freud would have had some interesting theories as to dreams and the like once he saw the shape. We took a couple runs on the sled, but then things got so soggy, it became not so fun anymore.

They won't say it out loud, but I think the kids will be glad to go back to school. It kind of stinks, especially for the oldest, to be on social media and see friends who live close to each other(or maybe not)have gotten together and she has been left out. I get it that no one wants to risk their life for social time and our street was like a luge course for a, well it still is. Just sucks, really. Middle school....don't get me started.

Time to get ready for bed. My week of sloth is going to hurt tomorrow morning going into work. I will finish this little gem first. My favorite cinematically and literarily(is that a word? I'm making it a word). Number one by a mile. I cried my eyes out the first time I read it and the tenth time I read it. Just perfection. Night all.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment