Monday, February 23, 2015

Gonna sit in my car

I am currently sitting in a church gymnasium watching my kids have their soccer practice. Soggy, slushy field conditions were just not conducive for anything other than a future ambulance ride. I appreciate the consideration. As I sit here, I hear the coach really railing on the boy about a skill that he does not get. He'll get it eventually, I know, but with 75 steps to the process...well....it may take a minute. I will admit, my son is not naturally aggressive. He has two big sisters and has spent more of his time dressed up and playing whatever they are playing than anything else. So when a bunch of 7 and 8 year olds are asked to divide into groups of three, and there are 10 kids, someone is going to ge left out. He will not push his way into the group and make it a foursome. And the kids are not welcoming him into their group to include him. So, he is getting yelled at for not having any touches on the ball. I yelled to my sone, "IF NOBODY WILL LET YOU INTO THEIR GROUP, PUSH YOUR WAY IN!!!". The coach wanted to give me a dirty look...then he started counting kids. Ding ding ding revelation. He rearranged groups to where things made sense. But then a friend of his who is trying to posture for other boys is making fun of him and purposely not including him so he'll get yelled at. It happened again. The boy got yelled at and his "friend" got a great amount of joy out of that. I want to go and get in the car. He needs to learn to deal with these situations. I do too, but I need to deal by getting into the car. Toyota therapy.

The kids have an hour delay tomorrow, but we are supposed to get snow from 4-7am. Who knows what might happen. They've been out of school for six days. It is going to be an adjustment either way. I imagine bedtime will be about 6pm tomorrow. Night all.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment