Sunday, February 15, 2015

Will it happen?

Snowpocalypse 2015 is on the mind of every person in the Tennessee Valley this evening. Will it come like they said? Children everywhere are following the rules for guaranteeing snowfall that I have outlined previously. We are out regardless tomorrow due to the Presidents' Day holiday tomorrow. They are hoping the magic of wearing pj's inside out and backwards will carry over for the next several days. I would love a nice respectable snow. Growing up just two hours northeast of here, we got lots more snow than they did here. I can travel and drive in it. I worry not about myself, but the crazies who think operating a vehicle in it is no big deal. Eeek.

Late this afternoon one of the children got a funny tummy and got sick. I feel, at times like these, that one can never have enough Lysol or Lysol-esque bleachy wipes. I also like to keep oyster crackers and all that sick tummy stuff on hand. I walked into the grocery store and was swept away in the current of snow fear insanity. One person had 4 gallons of milk in their cart and enough frozen pizzas to feed a frat house. Case after case of bottled water. Carts full of chips. All I wanted to do was get to the Lysol. That's it. They had even set up a mini mobile check out lane to handle the overflow. I found it funny that the girl next to me with an avocado and cottage cheese in her hands and my Lysol, peanut butter and crackers in my cart stood out like a sore thumb in the sea of piled over carts. I saw some people I know and, based on the contents of their carts, we may have to sled on over to join the party.

Here's hoping we get some white stuff and that our sick tummied child just had a flukey thing happen. We wanna build a snowman...


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment