Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Andy, Avengers and Applesauce

So, no surprise, the boy did not go to school today. When I arrived home after G's choir practice, he was burning a respectable fever so school was a no. The hub kindly went in to work late, made a 6:30am Kroger run for Jell-o and oyster crackers and then took the kids to school to I could sit with the boy. I must admit that I took advantage of his loopy state to go back to sleep for a tiny little bit. Afterwards, the laundry folding and putting away began. I really couldn't take much more PBS or other children's programming, so we put on Netflix and watched the Andy Griffith Show. He even laughed out loud at some of the episode, so I knew he was on the mend. He needed and Opie and Barney break, so we switched over to the Avengers cartoon for a while and he dined on one of the essentials in the BRAT diet: applesauce. I am grateful that the applesauce, toast, jell-o, oyster crackers, ginger ale and chicken bouillon he had over the course of the day did not make an encore performance. He held them down and even had a sense of humor.

Let's hope that he can go to school tomorrow and keep his very bland, very pale meal down and go fever free for another day. Fingers crossed and prayers sent up.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment