Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Okay, that was close...

Snow day numero dos has come and almost gone. We are all resting and grateful for heat and warm toes and fingers. We got started with the sledding right around ten when the snow was coming down at a nice clip. After a cookie delivery and quick visit with our neighbor, the sleds went to work flying down the street. I upped the game(like an idiot)and trekked up an extra hill that is the access street for the water tank up our street. Oh how fun and unsafe it was. We had several shorter trips outside so as not to get "the frostbite". There were several spectacular crashes and dumb decisions, but we had fun. We also indulged in snow cream on the patio in our snow clothes...even shared some with the dog. She was appreciative.






That is a face that has just tasted a wonderful treat and gotten a doggie brain freeze all at the same time.

After dinner tonight, we all went sledding. The hub had worked all day and hadn't really gotten to see the sledding fun of the day. For some reason, I decided to let him record me going down the upper hill and making sparks on the concrete. I realized halfway through the ride that I may perish before I get to the bottom. Because the temperature had fallen so much, the street had turned from snowy ice to slick track danger. I felt as though I was going the speed that causes the neighbors to yell and shake their fists at cars. When I put the brakes on at the bottom of the hill, I did wreck my knee a bit. Jenny done. I'll quit while I'm ahead. I don't see that we wil go out much tomorrow. It is supposed to be frightfully cold. We may all need recuperate from falling on the ice tonight. Keep your ringers on...I may need help rolling out of bed tomorrow.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment