Monday, February 2, 2015

The barfs have arrived

The boy never ceases to amaze me. He went to bed last night clutching the trash can, but never once threw up. I saw what he ate to celebrate a ball game that he didn't even watch, so I can imagine his tummy did not feel good. This morning he woke up saying his tummy hurt, but he also said it was sleepy and all that business. He got dressed, ate some yogurt and got his stuff together like always. He bebopped out of the car in a cheerful way and bounced into school. All was well. I filled the gas tank and was about halfway through my Kroger run when...I got the call. Apparently one of the staff rounded the corner on her way to speak to a child and found my boy wiping vomit off of himself. Excellent. He had not even been at school an hour. Really? So I checked out all 18 bags of Goldfish crackers...they are on sale for .99 and make great snacks, don't you dare judge me :0)...and sped up to the school. He was a nice shade of pale-ish green. We packed up and I took him home where I had him strip everything off and drop it directly into the washer. He got a shower and got settled on the sick mattress in our room. He threw up two more times, a good hour in between each, and then kind of wilted the rest of the way. Poor guy will not be going back to school tomorrow. A fever nicely decided to show up.

Just pray the rest of us can avoid it. Pray really hard. Night.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment