Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Deep thoughts...right before bed

It seems in our house that all the deep conversations happen in one of three situations: driving in the car, sitting at the dinner table or getting tucked into bed. Tonight it was bedtime. Discussions of eating disorders and suicide blanketed my child as I tucked her into bed. Not exactly the subject matter to rock you to sleep at night, but the conversation was important. It was painful and uncomfortable and frightening, but it had to happen. Regardless of when it took place, I am so glad that my children still come to us for advice and questions and counsel. I pray they will always feel comfortable.

On a completely different subject, I will put a picture up that involves some explanation. The dog, as we all have seen in posts past, loves to chew up beds...every one she gets. We had such hopes for this one. It was on clearance. At Kroger. For a ridiculous price. It was perfect. And then she found a weakness and exploited it to the point that we had pink stuffing everywhere. The kids and I angrily bagged it up this afternoon and put it in the corner to be dealt with at a later time. When I got home from work this evening, this is what I found:



She may destroy beds, but she still wants to lay on them. She is crazy.

You have a crazy picture? A silly note you want me to share? Just remember there is a PO Box out there waiting for something to come visit. Remember it is:

Please Don't Kiss the Dog Blog
P.O. Box 18347
Knoxville, TN 37928

Look forward to hearing from you!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment