Tuesday, February 17, 2015

I survived...and it was recorded.

Snow day today. Well, really, it was an ice day today, but we'll take what we can get. We went out sledding with our friends by 9. I got over my nerves of embarrassing myself in front of the whole neighborhood and just sat my big rump on the old school sled. Those metal runners work like a charm on the ice and I flew down the hill. There were sibling races and friend races and mom races and STOP for a car and indiidual rides and then more races and then attempts to get the dog on the sled and the STOP for a car and then one more attempt to get the dog on the sled and then, after our extremities were frozen, lunch. The snow clothes were put in the dryer and hot chocolate and lunch warmed us back up. Our poor friend went home and eventually started running a fever, so we did not get to sled with them this afternoon. Here's hoping she feels better tomorrow! At one point, the boy came up to my friend and me and said, "Well, "A Christmas Story" was right. Your tongue does stick to stuff when it is cold." When pressed further, he said that he had stuck his tongue to the front storm door. Wow. No words...at least there were no words until I turned around and he was trying to do it again. So I gave him the fast sled and put him to work. Guess it kind of goes back to him licking everything yesterday. Tonight we made cookies and cleaned out the fridge. Living the dream, friends, living the dream.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment