Saturday, September 21, 2013

Rainy Day Bonding

I hang my head in shame when I say this. It has been years since I did this, but I slept in until 9:00 this morning. That is not like me at all, for I feel that I have slept away an enormous chunk of my day when that occurs. But the rain was coming down on the roof in such a soothing way. S was super conked out in her pre-teen way. After unfogging with coffee and bagels, we entered the dark cocoon of the basement and set to work making sock creatures. ABC Family was showing a John Hughes marathon, so we watched The Breakfast Club and Sixteen Candles. I felt like I had slipped back to 1985 what with the hairstyles and the clothes and the Molly Ringwald dancing. My middle school daughter enjoyed them both and I enjoyed the fact they were cleaned up for network television with the best parts still remaining. I will still always have a soft spot for the bad boy Judd Nelson and a sincere appreciation for Molly's hair.

After a loud dinner at the Downtown Grill and Brewery with lots of angry football fans and a big plate of fish and chips PLUS a trip through Mast General and a peanut butter and bacon shake, the girl is safely tucked into bed and listening to a book on CD. I'm watching Gable and Colbert in "In Happened One Night". Doesn't get much better than that. We'll be glad to have the traveling portion of our family back tomorrow. They are glad to be dry after sitting in the pouring rain and watching the Hokies try to lose the longest game in ACC history. A good weekend was had by all...



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment